Wednesday, July 4, 2012

The Middletons

I am seriously beginning to envy this family. How did they get so lucky?

Kate was lucky enough to go to St. Andrews where the future King of England happened to also be studying. Without any effort she managed to capture his heart albeit via a see-through dress. (I doubt the Queen finds that a funny story!) And now she is Duchess of Cambridge, future Queen and style icon. I'm not complaining. Personally, I think she's affable and adorable and most of the time I love what she wears (especially the Zara, Jenny Packham & Alexander McQueen ensembles). I am well under the spell of what is now called the "Kate Effect".

Pippa may have got into the limelight because of her sister. But she may just be doing it better than Kate. Among her many link ups, (and I fervently pray Harry isn't one of them because he deserves better) is the Earl Percy, future Duke of Northumberland who will get the Duchy of Northumberland valued at £300 mllion, Alnwick Castle (The Harry Potter one, also my favourite, and the 2nd largest lived-in castle after Windsor), Syon Park and land in Scotland & Surrey. Plus he's a catch, not the party types but more adventurous and down-to-earth (again I don't think Pippa deserves him but then I'm biased. I always did like Kate and not Pippa). How and where did she meet him? They both studied in Edinburgh University and even shared the same flat. Earl Percy is apparently besotted with Pippa. And she has it better because she'll have all the trappings of a Royal without any of the troublesome duties that her sister has to perform.

How? How is it possible that the daughters of two flight attendants managed to bag Britains most eligible bachelors? The parents must be sitting at home all smug. I mean for heaven's sake their mother came from a family of miners and now is lady of a chalet in which Viscount Bolingbroke lived, has a royal Coat of Arms and is regularly invited to Windsor Castle for tete-a-tete with the Queen herself.

Talk about fairytales coming true. It seems everyone in this family is suddenly the talk of the town. The only blimp at the moment is brother James, but how bad could it really be for his cake business that his big sister will be Queen someday.


No comments:

Post a Comment